July 13, 2020
Henderson, N.C. [July 13, 2020] MAKO Medical, a health care diagnostic laboratory that specializes in
helping you take control of your healthcare by offering accurate testing and quick results, announced
that the company has been recognized as part of Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Startup
Employers for 2020. The distinguished award is presented by Forbes and Statista Inc. The entire list of
winners can be viewed on the Forbes Website.
“We know it’s the little things we do day-in and day-out that have the potential to make the biggest
difference in people’s lives and bring joy to the communities we serve,” said Josh Arant, MAKO Medical
COO. “We’re also glad to support life-changing missions, especially during the current pandemic. We
know we represent that little bit of hope for so many who are struggling.”
Three aspects of each company were assessed during the evaluation by Forbes and Statista to identify
America’s top startup employers:
- employer reputation
- employee satisfaction
- company growth
Out of the thousands of qualified organizations in the United States, only 500 companies earned this
“Just 500 are being recognized,” said Doug Lopenzina, VP Content Licensing, and Syndication of Forbes
Media LLC. “We are thrilled to spotlight these companies for their collective excellence as employers.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented both a challenge and an opportunity for MAKO Medical. At first,
the pandemic reduced the core lines of business close to forty percent. Then, in two short weeks, the
MAKO team rose to the challenge and began providing COVID-19 testing.
Since April MAKO has:
- Processed more than 325,000 COVID-19 tests.
- MAKO reported results for 99.6% of tests within 48 hours.
- In addition to the COVID-19 nasal swabs that people have become accustomed to seeing, MAKO Medical is
now processing the Diasorin Liaison SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2 IgG antibody tests which are EUA FDA approved and
- MAKO Medical is currently processing more than 17,000 tests per day, with plans to increase that number to
25,000 by the end of July.
- The company recently renovated 7,000 square feet to its Henderson, NC facility expanding its accessioning
- MAKO went from one PCR instrument for research and development to nine dedicated to COVID-19.
- In addition, MAKO added eight antibody instruments that help read tests and determine if people have been
exposed to COVID19.
- MAKO has also added people, expanding its operations from 50 employees working on one shift, to 200 people
working around the clock.
- MAKO is partnering with Rapid Reliable Testing to provide COVID-19 tests to students attending summer
camps. This was reported on June 5, 2020, in the New York Times.
- MAKO is partnering with Luminate Health to provide a new patient portal offering real-time COVID-19 test
- Faster turnaround times set MAKO Medical apart from its competitors. MAKO Medical returns COVID-19 test
results in 24-48 hours.
About MAKO Medical
Founded in 2014, MAKO Medical is a diagnostics partner for businesses, physicians, urgent care facilities, and hospitals around the United States. Mako Medical Laboratories has recruited chemists and scientists to provide industry-leading innovation. Mako Medical Laboratories’ methods and assays are validated for reproducibility, precision, and accuracy. Mako Medical invests heavily in state-of-the-art instrumentation and technology. To learn more visit www.makomedical.com